Besides this, I will be including in Robbers' Roost another type of card besides the orange cards. These new cards have both an initial effect and a latent effect: the moment you play cards of this type something occurs. After this immediate action is resolved, instead of being discarded the card remains in play in front of you. At the beginning of your next turn (after Dynamite and Jail are resolved) the card produces another effect (this is done automatically, it cannot be stored up like a green card).
Some of these cards will require initially or latently for their player to make a sacrifice, so there is a risk in playing many of the cards. For instance, one card that I am bound to include, is called Investment. When a player plays Investment, he initially has to discard a card from his hand. At the beginning of his next turn, however, he draws 3 cards. The risk, of course, is that the card could be stolen/discarded in between his turns and he could lose his investment. The new Pay Day has its player draw 2 cards initially, and all other players draw a card latently. The benefit comes beforehand, and this allows for some interesting strategies: the player who played it could steal Pay Day after playing it to play it again (so that the initial effect would be produced twice and the latent effect only once), or discard the card if he didn't want others to get the benefit. So these cards should create some interesting situations.
I don't know if these cards need a different card color, or simply a new symbol. Dodge City added a symbol for when 2 actions would occur when a card was played. So these cards might have a symbol to indicate the initial and latent effects instead of adding a new color, since I see the color as having few funtional benefits.
Let me share the ideas I have for these new initial/latent effect cards. Some of them will replace some of the original game cards that I placed in Robbers' Roost, because they will be a fair substitute for the effects of the original game. There is an astericks near the cards I particularly like. I would appreciate some feedback on these cards, since I do not plan to use all of them in the game.
- Investment* - I (initial): Discard a card from your hand. L (latent): Draw 3 cards.
- Pay Day (replaces old Pay Day) - I: Draw 2 cards. L: All other players draw a card.
- Pow Wow - I: Draw 3 cards. L: Draw no cards on your next turn.
- Mug* (replaces Panic!) - I: Discard another card when playing it to BANG! D1. L: Steal a card from that player.
- Tomahawk (replaces old Tomahawk)- I: BANG! D1. L: "Draw!" On royals, return Tomahawk to your hand.
Special Attack Cards:
- Warpath (Replaces extra Indians!) - I: A target player must discard a BANG! or take a hit. L: All other players must discard a BANG! or take a hit.
- Smoke Signal - I: Show your hand to all other players. L: Discard any red as a Missed! until your next turn.
- Confuse /Throw Off* - I: Discard a BANG!. L: You are seen by others at a distance +1 until your next turn.
- Disarm (replaces old Disarm) - I: Discard another card when playing it for a Missed! ; L: Discard a card from your attacker's hand.
- Question and Answer. I: Missed! L: BANG! your attacker (if applicable).
Life Point Modifiers:
- Molotov Cocktail* - I: Discard another card when playing it gain 1 life point. L: BANG! any player seen at distance 1 (D1).
- Moonshine - I: Gain 2 life points. L: Lose 1 life point.
- On the House (replaces old On the House) - I: Gain 1 life point. L: All others gain 1 life point.
- Loan* - I: Give another player a card from your hand. L: Take 2 cards from that player's hand.
- Fur Trade/Trading Post* - I: Swap a card in front of you for a card in front of another player. L: Both of you draw a card from the deck.
- Show Time/Burlesque (replaces Cat Balou) - I: Discard a card from another player D1. "Draw!" On reds, draw the discarded card.
- Stampede (replaces old Stampede)- I: Discard a card in play in front of you. L: Place Stampede on top of a card in play in front of another player. They cannot use or utilize that card until Stampede is removed.