Sunday, December 12, 2010

Production: Rounding Corners on Playing Cards

Since BANG! cards are a strange size (something like 3 13/32" X 2 7/32"; I can't remember off the top of my head, I will correct this later if I am wrong), you will almost always have to trim the custom card stock that you print on if they are precut, microperforated, or what-have-you. However, after you trim the sides of the cards the corners will no longer be rounded. You will have to make up for this yourself. I would strongly recommend against doing it by hand; you will not do a convincing job. I dropped by local stores like Michael's, Robert's Crafts, Hobbytown USA, and Hobby Lobby to find a corner rounder that was small enough for playing cards, but it was to no avail. The smallest thing you'll find is 1/4". I would suggest ordering online a small 1/8" corner rounder that matched the original cards decently well. I ordered the Paper Shapers small corner rounder and was very pleased with it. Here is a picture of it:



You can easily order this online, just check Google shopping for the corner rounder. The cheapest option right now prices total price (shipping include) at $6. That's very affordable. I am sure there are some other options, but this is the one I recommend.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your great information, the contents are quiet interesting.I will be waiting for your next post.
    Personalized Playing Cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Những mặt hàng làm đẹp cho bản thân từ trong ra ngoài hiện đang là xu hướng của phụ nữ hiện đại. Nắm bắt đến nhu cầu đó của mọi người, chúng tôi cung cấp đến cho quý vị những mặt hàng như : Ivory Caps
    collagen maihada
    collagen nitta gelatin
    collagen enriched
    collagen de happy 10000
    collagen fish
    collagen trà xanh

    ReplyDelete