Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Robbers' Roost: Card Colors Question

As I have become more sensitive to those who are color blind, or those who just have a little more distinguishing one color from another, it has come to my attention that the goldish brown card borders and the orange card borders look somewhat similar (far left of the image below). I tried to tweek the orange to be a little more apparent, but they still look somewhat close. Is it easy enough to distinguish these borders from one another? Or should I go for a red, purple, or other more distinguishable border color?

8 comments:

  1. Agree that the orange is too similar.

    I like the purple, but is it too close to the existing blue for those who have difficulty distinguishing colors?

    Red is probably the best alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not know if for the color-blind can be a solution, but I like the red version.
    S!
    News for Death Mesa Italian Guidebook? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Purple because it's a variation on Blue, and they are cards which do down in front of you (similar to Blue and Green cards, which are both cooler colours). However, for the sake of making them more noticeable, red would probably be the best. However, I would like it if that particular shade of red was a bit more muted: I feel like it a little harsh for Bang's style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.colblindor.com/coblis-color-blindness-simulator/
    you can upload the picture yourself to this website and experience how color blind see it for yourself. If I remember correctly Protanopia and Deuteranopia are the two common types which are most important to take in consideration.
    /Tomas

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you are going to change the color you should probably compare to the other existing colors aswel´l, not just the golden one, so you dont just make it similar to one of the other colors instead :) (e.g. Red - Green) Id say the purple is the best in that sense.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like Purple (maybe a lighter shade?)
    Keep up the good work!

    Kilan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tomas, that is a great little simulator! Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete